Friday, June 22, 2018

C.a.D. & The 207:

Today's shave was excellent. Today is also "Cadusal Friday" over in the Google + community, How To Grow a Moustache. And since I was craving a barbershop scent, I decided to participate and grabbed Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's C.a.D. matching set. The scent on this stuff is Barbersol Original canned shave foam that's on steroids. And I finished it off with a double dose of the matching aftershave splash which lasts 18+ hours:


The 207 was perfect yet again. I took it across my new Coticule and it was exactly like it was the day I bought it. Once I took it across my strops, I was dialed in perfectly. The result was a close and comfortable 3 pass shave that's slicker than black ice. For those of you wondering and still debating on whether or not to get a Coticule, get one. They are totally worth it and if you use Dr. Matt's under running water technique, don't worry about the razor not sticking like you have seen in his videos. Belgium Coticules are like that and usually around 20 to 40 simple "X" strokes is enough to get the razor where you want it to be. These edges are perfect for those with a heavy beard and super sensitive skin like I have.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...