Friday, June 1, 2018

Turkish Bath & The Doc:

Today's shave felt great. I was craving a tobacco scented soap so I went with Jeeves of Hudson Street & their fabulous Turkish Bath scented soap which is a heavy Turkish tobacco scent with some notes of musk. They have since re named it Barbershop & now offer a matching aftershave splash to go with it. And to my nose this pairs extremely well with a Bay Rum aftershave so I went with Soap Commander & their Purpose scented aftershave balm which had a Bay Rum scent to it. Unfortunately Soap Commander no longer has this scent. Thankfully I still have the aftershave balm & I do bring it out every once in a while:


The doc was great in every way. I ended up being slick as black ice after 3 passes which is about normal for this razor. I'm also looking at making soap as a hobby. I'm NOT going into the soap making business. This will be strictly on a hobby level only. It will be a while before I make my first batch because I have to get a few things for making videos & some shaving supplies before I get started making soap.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...