Saturday, June 30, 2018

Gusto & The 430:

Today's shave was great and very refreshing. It's been a while since I've used a beverage based soap and I was craving a citrus scented soap but didn't want any menthol today. So I grabbed Soap Commander and their fabulous Gusto scented soap. The scent on this soap is a very bright Raspberry Pink Lemonade scent which does make you crave the delicious beverage. And to finish off the shave, I went with Stirling Soaps Glacial Lemon Chill scented aftershave balm which has a slight amount of menthol compared to their over the top Lemon Chill scented soap which is awesome:


The 430 was great after I got it dialed in. I now know that I've been doing too much on the ILR. I found that it's best that I stop right after I use my fire hose strop instead of going back to the stone itself and repeating what I did before stropping the razor. If I don't stop, the edge is way too sharp for my sensitive skin and often leaves weepers. That's when things clicked. Once the razor gets extremely sticky and you have already turned the water up and have repeated this process, strop your razor and then stop. Do NOT go back and repeat what you did on the ILR earlier. If you do it will not be comfortable at all. I also just got through lapping and cleaning my stones with some 3M 320 grit Wet/Dry sandpaper. I'm currently waiting on my Suehiro water stones to soak before I will be completely finished and all of my stones will be cleaned and flat. I'm also looking at slurry stones as well. Even though my mighty mini water stone and diamond plate are great, I'm looking for something that's a little finer and smoother. So let the research begin.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...