Friday, June 15, 2018

Ike & the 207:

Today's shave was great and very refreshing. Today I went with Strike Gold Shave and their fabulous "Ike" scented soap which was made by Jennifer Mason Marting of Mason Boutique. She has since quit making shave soaps except for Strike Gold Shave and she changed the name of her company to Decadent Bubbles (bath products only). The scent on this specific soap is a dead ringer for the classic Skin Bracer aftershave which is what I finished today's shave off with:


The 207 was even better than it was yesterday. I have to get me a Belgium Coticule because the edges are exceptional. Not one weeper today or anything and extremely close and comfortable. That's the kind of straight razor shave you want. I did not get any burn from the aftershave at all and I normally do no matter what kind of aftershave I use with the exception to the balms that I have in my collection. So I am on the prowl if you will for this stone. Combined with Dr. Matt's under running water technique, good luck beat the speed and the quality of the edges. Another thing I noticed about the soap is that it doesn't take much to build a lather at all and this sample is still going. I've quit counting how many shaves I've gotten out of it:


So it will be a while before I finish this sample off and start a new one. Frank sent me a sample of his "Kennedy" scented soap and it also goes extremely well with Skin Bracer. I also think that Kennedy can go with Osage Rub, Barbasol Brisk and Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave as well.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...