Monday, June 18, 2018

Mountain Man & The 430:

Tonight's shave ended up being pretty good but it was not very comfortable at all. More on that in a little bit. Tonight I was craving a cologne scent so I went with Stirling Soaps and their "Mountain Man" scented soap which is their take on Creed's Silver Mountain Water Cologne. But unlike Creed, Stirling's won't break the bank and is much stronger. And to finish off tonight's shave, I went with Pinaud's Clubman aftershave:


Something is wrong with my 430. It's getting to where it won't hold an edge and I noticed a chip in the edge on the face of the blade. I believe I've got a lemon razor ladies and gentlemen. I've already honed the living crap out of it so I killed the edge. I will see what I can do in terms of resetting the bevel but I have a feeling that it would not be a good idea to do so. I took it to my ILR twice during tonight's shave and it still was rough.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...