Sunday, March 25, 2018

High Jump 47 & The 42C:

Today's shave felt great. I wasn't planning on shaving today but when I got up this morning & looked in the mirror, I pretty much had to shave. So I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their classic High Jump 47 scent which is really nice. The scent is a citrus cologne & musk type scent. Think of walking into Admiral Bird's personal barbershop in the 1930's. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with Aqua Velva's sensitive aftershave balm:


The Merkur 42C was perfect. I'm pretty sure that this was the 3rd shave on this blade so I might have a couple more left. Don't really know for sure and probably won't for a while because I'm a full time straight razor user & won't be using DE razors a lot. I ended up squeaky clean after performing 3 passes. My beard seems to grow back much faster using straight razors & DE safety razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...