Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Vision & The Wedge/100:

Today's shave ended up being great. Today I went with my all time favorite brand Soap Commander and my favorite matching set, Vision which is an Aqua, Amber & Mint scent and has an extremely nice chilling effect even though there's no menthol in the soap. And to finish off today's shave, I went with Aqua Velva ice blue aftershave & Soap Commander's Vision scented aftershave balm which adds a tiny bit of menthol to the equation & really puts the post shave feel over the top: 


Sadly the wedge didn't quite turn out right at all. Half way through the first pass, I took the wedge to my fire hose strop & that still wasn't quite enough so after the first pass was completed, I switched to my Gold Dollar 100 that I recently got from Anthony Esposito and it was definitely the right choice. It mowed my stubble off with no issues and the edge was even better than before:


The first shave with the 100 was great but it was also fresh off the stones & I didn't strop it before the first use. But after the first shave I did take the 100 to my fire hose strop for 5 rounds to clean off the edge a bit then I followed that up with 10 round trips on the smooth leather side of my strop. It was stupid smooth & even better than before. After this shave I only did 1 round trip on the fire hose strop & 11 on the smooth leather strop. This will pretty much keep the edge going for at least 38 more shaves if not more before it needs to go onto the stones again. I probably won't need to use my fire hose strop on the 100 for quite a while after this and will probably just use my scrub leather to clean off the edge after my next shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...