Sunday, March 11, 2018

It's Confirmed:

Last night after posting what happened with my Edwin Jagger DE 89, a friend of mine over on Google + Bill Herl, suggested that I soak the razor in some CLR which I did overnight. Thanks Bill it cleaned up the razor extremely well. I also took the time to take a Q tip to clean out the handle & I used a tissue around the bolt where you screw the handle onto the razor which you can see below:


Here's a closer look at the top cap & base plate. I'm certain that the handle might be okay but as you can see below the top cap is gone and clearly is stripped out. The base plate also doesn't look to hot either. I can go onto Maggard Razors & buy a new head for this with no problems but I'm going back to straight razors instead. I've already been in touch with my friend, Anthony Esposito & I'll also be contacting Frank Misa for some razors as well. I never got the chance to try Frank's edges:


There's no resistance at all with the handle and nearly slides all the way to the bottom of the top cap of the razor head. Sorry for the brightness of my hand. I wanted to get a clean photo of the razor head and unlike my old camera, this one has an LED flash to it:


I'm pleased with my decision to return to the straight razor world & both Anthony Esposito & Frank Misa will be getting business from me really soon. I'm also going to be looking at my friend Keith V. Johnson's Etsy page for some stones & Nagura sets. That's whom you need to talk to when it comes to Japanese Natural water stones. I've pretty much adopted his style of honing. Which is simple & subtle "X" strokes. Once the bevel is set, that's it. All you do after that is maintain the edge with stropping and it does not take much of that either.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...