Thursday, March 22, 2018

Ike & The 100:

Today's shave ended up being great. Today I was craving something unique but refreshing. So I grabbed my sample of Strike Gold Shave that was made by Jennifer Mason Marting who is a really sweet lady & their "Ike" scented soap. The scent is almost an exact match of the classic Skin Bracer aftershave scent which is still available & awesome. Speaking of Skin Bracer, that's what I finished today's shave off with:


The wedge got tossed out today. I made 2 strokes with it & nothing happened. So I bread knifed it & put it in the garbage then I re lathered and grabbed my Gold Dollar 100 and it was like a night & day difference for the better. I ended up being squeaky clean after 3 passes & a couple of spots got touched up. I did see a spot or 2 of blood from where I mowed off a couple of bumps but other than that, my shave was pretty much blood & cut free. And the previous shaves have been totally blood free. I've also had no irritation and have not been getting much of a burn from my alcohol based aftershaves either which is always a good thing. The best part is the fact that I know how to hone a razor & will always have a shave ready blade with zero chances of having a dud or bad blade. So I guess I can call this an end to having bad shaves at this point.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...