Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Honor & The 42C:

This morning's shave was excellent. After a nice hot shower & hot cup of coffee, I went with Soap Commander and quite possibly one of their best scents of all time, Honor which is their take on a barbershop scent. It's some where between the classic version of Fine's American Blend & Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's C.a.D. scented soap. A lot of people tell me that it's extremely close to Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop scented soap. I never used that brand and/or scent so I wouldn't know. And to finish off this morning's shave I went with the matching aftershave balm which adds a soothing touch of menthol to the already incredible post shave feel: 


I went a little easy on building a lather today but still got more than enough which is about normal with Soap Commander and that's a really good thing:


The Merkur 42C (1904 classic closed comb) razor was excellent and if I didn't know better, I would swear that the Gillette Silver Blue blades were made for it. I'm not quite as slick as black ice in some spots but it sure was close & comfortable and I got almost no irritation after 3 passes. There was a spot or 2 that seemed slightly irritated but those will always get that way no matter what I do because they're my usual trouble spots. I also just got word this morning that Anthony has shipped my brand new Gold Dollar straight razor with a Japanese natural water stone edge on it. He tends to favor the Ozuku Mizu Asagi natural water stone.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...