Saturday, March 10, 2018

R.I.P. Edwin Jagger DE 89:

Today is a sad day in terms of my razor collection. My Edwin Jagger DE 89 took a crap this morning. It did this about a year ago with the original handle so I switched it out with the Muhle R41 handle. Sadly neither handle works with this razor head now. They won't tighten up to hold the base plate which holds the blade in place. So I'm forced to say goodbye to my DE 89 after 4.5 years of abuse. But the good news is that there's a 90% chance that I will be looking at going back to straight razors as a result and just use what I have in my collection. I've not decided just yet:


My Merkur 1904 classic closed comb (42C) will be taking the DE 89's place if I don't go back to straight razors and/or get another DE razor. As I've stated, I've not decided yet:


The good news is that my truck is now paid off & I can now afford to buy some shave gear. I've always wanted some premium straight razors & stones. So let the research begin. A special thanks to Jammin GI James & David Gonzales for their help in terms of the SE razors which I've ruled out due to my sensitive skin. I'll find something eventually. It's just a question of when & what.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...