Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Turkish Bath & The DE 89:

Today's shave was great. Today I went with Jeeves of Hudson Street and their classic Turkish Bath scented soap which has since been renamed Barbershop. The scent is a deep rich pipe tobacco with hints of musk & spices. It pairs very well with Old Spice which is what I finished today's shave off with & I also tend to pair it with Stirling Soaps Barbershop scented aftershave splash which tends to add a touch of sweetness to the post shave:


The DE 89 did great but it wasn't as comfortable with the Nacet blades as my "go to" blades are. I got where I wanted to be in 3 passes. I will see how the next shave goes but if it's still uncomfortable in the DE 89, I'll be switching the blade out immediately. No need to keep going if the blade is awful & uncomfortable for you. That's why I don't get too many bad shaves. If I don't like a blade, then I'll switch it out. The same applies to straight razors. If you don't like an edge on a straight razor, then stop & either strop it or switch the razor out.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...