Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lemon Chill & The DE 89:

Today's shave was pretty good. More on that in a minute or 2. Today I was having sinus issues due to the recent cold snap that we have going on here. So I grabbed Stirling Soaps and their Lemon chill heavy mentholated soap which helped clear up the sinuses. The scent on lemon chill is a semi sweet lemon meringue pie scent. And to finish off today's shave I went with Stirling's matching aftershave balm which was a nice touch:


The DE 89 was okay but not great today. I had to strop the blade to finish off the shave & I still have quite a few whiskers left over. So today made 3 shaves on a Gillette Silver Blue. I'll be doing another blog post on that here in a bit. Good thing DE blades are cheap because there's no way I could switch out a cartridge blade that quick. It's not economical all to do that with carts. There's also a 90% chance that I will be shaving tomorrow as well due to what was left behind from today's shave. I quit shaving daily a really long time ago now and my shaves have been much more enjoyable as a result. But on occasion, I've had to go back the next day shave again for this very reason.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...