Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Reflection & The 100:

Today's shave ended up feeling & being great. Today I went with Soap Commander and their Reflection scented soap which was a spring scent for 2015 I believe. I may be wrong about the year but not really sure. And finish off today's shave, I went with Skin Bracer aftershave splash which has a nice cooling effect to it:


With a couple of strokes, I could tell right away that my black diamond was no good at all. I went from being way too sharp for my sensitive skin and not being able to use the razor to shaving with something was duller than a butter knife so I switched it out for my 100 & re lathered:


The first 2 strokes wasn't good on it either until I took the 100 to my fire hose strop for 10 round trips which really woke up the edge & then some. I ended up being squeaky clean after just 2.5 passes & 1 touch up spot. After the shave, I wiped off the blade and took it to my fire hose strop for 10 passes so it should be good for my next shave. I'll have to take my black diamond to the stones again but I won't be spending too much time on them this time around. That's the trouble with having a tough beard that grows fast. You tend to dull razors more quickly regardless of how good your technique is & when you have sensitive skin like I do, too sharp means evil irritation after the shave & extremely uncomfortable during the shave and I definitely don't want that. But it has to be sharp enough to cut the hair and that's where honing your razors repeatedly comes in handy.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...