Sunday, July 16, 2017

366 & The Proshield:

This morning's shave was great. Today I went with good old KShave Worx and their discontinued anniversary soap, 366. The scent on this soap is a phenomenal cherry almond scent. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with my usual "go to" aftershave splash:


The Gillette Proshield was great this morning. It did start to tug and pull a little bit, so I stropped it on a towel to dry it off and then I put it on both the Apache Strata & Shoubandini with slurry. After I got done doing that, took the razor to both sides of my leather strop so tomorrow's shave should be pretty sweet. I was on cloud 9 when I tried this with my old Gillette Fusion Proshield chill cartridge that came with the razor. The end result was 15 multi pass shaves on a single cartridge. So we will see how it does on these non mentholated Proshield cartridges. I do plan on doing a blog post about honing cartridge razors but I've got to invest in some other razors first for more details. My old favorite before these specific cartridges was the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo cartridges.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...