Thursday, July 13, 2017

Le Mans & The German 37:

This morning's shave was pretty good. More on that in a moment. Today I went with Deluxe Shaving Company and their Le Mans scented soap which has an extremely nice yogurt like lather and super slick post shave feel to it. This is the non mentholated version and it has an incredible and masculine fresh citrus cologne scent to it or at least that's what my nose picks up. And to me, it pairs extremely well with good old Clubman aftershave splash which is what I finished this morning's shave off with. I've not been using this one much because I don't have much of it left:


The German 37 along with my other DE safety razors is not getting it done anymore. My straight razor is also not getting it done anymore even after I just finished touching it up. Even with stretching the skin and taking extra time, I still get small weepers and nicks and I'm tired of it. I also get the same results with my single edge razors. So for me, the Gillette Fusion Proshield has won. I get too good of a shave that's extremely comfortable and works well with a traditional soap and/or shave cream and a brush. So my next pay day is going to be interesting. I'll be making a trip to Sam's Club to get these blades in bulk and I'll be getting a custom handle from ZY Razors who makes custom handles for these blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...