Friday, July 21, 2017

Le Petit Chypre & The Proshield:

This morning's shave was great. Today I got to craving Barrister & Mann pretty bad so I grabbed my "Le' Petit Chypre" scented soap which has an incredible "oak moss and Cyprus wood" scent to it. And to finish off this shave, I went with the matching aftershave splash which is witch hazel based. My New York Shaving Company 24 mm silver tipped badger brush was like a sponge, so I ended up re loading the brush and right now I'm doing the old fabric softener trick to keep it from eating my lather like it did this morning:


The Proshield was great but I could tell it needs a bit of a touch up which I will right up here shortly. I ended up getting another "ice rink" post shave feel after 3 passes. Things are looking pretty good in terms of the cartridge shaving detailed blog. It will take me a while but I'm loving it and it has taken my wet shaving hobby to another level. I personally think that the problem has been both the canned goo and foam and the lack of a brush. I also didn't know anything at all about shaving either to be honest about it. The modern day cartridge makers don't mention traditional soaps and/or creams which makes a huge difference. They also don't mention mapping out the direction your beard grows nor do they mention skin stretching. All of these are important to getting a good shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...