Thursday, July 20, 2017

High Jump 47 & The Slim:

This morning's shave was great. I was NOT planning on shaving today until I got up and looked in the mirror. So after a nice, hot and relaxing shower, I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their classic High Jump 47 scented soap. The scent on this is incredible. Think of walking into Admiral Bird's Barbershop in the 1930's and in one whiff you get a nice and fresh masculine citrus cologne scent with notes of talcum powder. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with good old Clubman aftershave splash which pairs wonderfully with the this soap:


The Gillette slim done good up until I got to my neck area. After doing 2 passes, I grabbed my Gillette Proshield and done a half pass on my neck area and then I went back and done some touch ups which resulted in another "ice rink" post shave feel. Let's face it ladies & gentlemen. Cartridges aren't going away and these Gillette Proshields are great if you use them with a traditional soap and/or cream and a brush which will always be a part of my rotation.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...