Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Influence & The Proshield:

This morning's shave was great. Today I am under the influence of Soap Commander and their phenomenal Influence scented soap. The scent is tobacco, cherry and black tea. And to finish off this excellent shave, I paired it with the matching aftershave balm which adds a little hint of menthol to the post shave feel:


The Gillette Proshield was extremely good this morning. I only did 1.5 passes and a couple of touch ups in some of my usual spots and managed to get where I wanted to be this morning. Using a traditional shave soap and/or cream has made a huge difference in the shave quality using these cartridges. The only problems with the carts is the costs & longevity which I have discovered can be changed by borrowing techniques from the straight razor world such as stropping and honing. To hone, you simply shave a water stone of some kind and to strop you usually go in the opposite direction that you shave in. So to answer the question "can the cartridges be re sharpened and/or stropped like a straight razor?" my answer would be yes, absolutely they can be.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...