Sunday, July 9, 2017

Le Petit Chypre & The Slim:

This morning's shave was great. Today I went with good old Barrister & Mann and their Le Petit Chypre scented soap which an incredible oak moss & cyprus wood scent. And to finish off this shave, I went with the witch hazel based matching aftershave splash which has the perfect amount of menthol to make this shave even more soothing:


The slim did extremely well with the exception to my neck and moustache areas. I first started out with the #9 setting for my with the grain pass. After that, I turned it down to the #5 setting and did my against the grain pass which got most of it but still had quite a bit left. So next I turned it all the way down to the #1 setting and did my across the grain pass. My neck area still had a lot left behind and my moustache area also had quite a bit left. So I grabbed my Gillette Fusion Proshield razor and cleaned both of those areas up. I was happy with the final results but the fact that it took 3.75 passes to get a close and clean shave is unacceptable. So when I do my next shave of the day blog post, I will talk about just the soap, brush and aftershave. I'm getting the absolute best shaves of my life with my Gillette Fusion Proshield razor using a traditional soap/cream and a brush than I am with any of my straight, double edge and/or single edge razors. Gillette has listened to a wet shaver when it comes to their newest cartridges.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...