Friday, July 14, 2017

Turkish Bath & The Proshield:

This morning's shave was great. Good old Jeeves of Hudson Street is an amazing soap and should be in every one's shave cave. Right now the only one I have is Bryon's Turkish Bath scent which is phenomenal. It has a "1920's style Barbershop scent" to it with a top note of premium pipe tobacco along with some other notes that you would find in a barbershop in that era. And to add a little sweetness to the scent, I paired it with Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented aftershave splash. In my humble opinion, this pairs best with this soap if you don't have the matching aftershave to this specific soap which Bryon now offers:


The Gillette Proshield had no problem mowing through my barbed wire beard this morning. But I did have to make 2.5 passes due to having a lot of beard left from yesterday. I also have to go east to west and/or west to east on my neck area to get that area cleaned up which I can't do with a straight razor at all and I can only do that with some DE safety razors. I also can't do that with my single edges either. So this is pretty much my "go to" razor now to get a close clean shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...