Sunday, July 2, 2017

Vision & The Doc:

This morning's shave was great. It's also my 40th Birthday so after a nice, hot and relaxing shower, I went with my all time favorite shave soap. It's also Sunday which means that Soap Commander is in full effect. I went with their "Vision" scent which has an aqua, amber and mint scent to it. There's no menthol in the soap but there is in the matching aftershave balm which is what I finished this shave off with after using a healthy dose of my usual aftershave splash:


The doc was great. I managed to get another "ice rink" post shave feel in just 2.5 passes. I've also done some experimenting with my Gillette Fusion Proshield and it works. I now know that I can strop and re hone cartridge razors. Yes that's what I said. After 13 shaves with the new Proshield cartridges, it finally started to tug and pull a bit. Of course I have been stropping them after each use which is going the opposite direction 5 times that you shave. So my current Gillette Proshield Chill cartridge now has a Shoubandini type 100 edge on the blades. I built a slurry and did 10 shaving strokes and diluted the slurry before going back and doing 10 more and it worked.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...