Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Quick Touch Up:

This morning before my shave, I decided to do a quick touch up on my 209 and I'm glad that I did because it was definitely needed. I only did 40 round trips total on the 8K side of my Norton. First I did 15 round trips on the Norton and then I did 10 round trips on the nylon webbing of my strop before going back to the Norton for 25 more round trips which totals 40:


After that I did my full stropping routine of 10 round trips on the nylon webbing. 20 round trips on the scrub leather, and 40 round trips on the smooth leather. Then I went ahead and shaved with it. The result was a nice and smooth buttery edge and I got a smooth as glass post shave after 3 passes. My shave of the day post is up next.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...