Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Power Hammer & The 209:

Today's shave was pretty good. I went with Maria Arman's Through The Fire Fine Craft's "Power Hammer" scented soap which has an espresso & root beer scent to it. I may have to add a little bit of glycerin to the soap because it tends to dissipate on me a little bit during the shave. And to put the icing on the cake so to speak, I paired it with PAA's Chocolate Bourbon aftershave splash:


The 209 did great and I got a close shave in 2.5 passes. Unfortunately I have to re hone the razor due to an accident while I was cleaning up my shave cave. The razor fell off  of a box of facial tissues and landed edge down on my bathroom counter top. Didn't chip it or anything from what I could see under the loupe, but I am sure that it's no longer shave ready as a result. Dang it I says because I wasn't planning on doing any honing today.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...