Tuesday, August 16, 2016

New Coffee Brewer:

Ever since mom broke my Pour Over Caribou coffee brewer, I've been looking at other similar brewers and I found a really good on by Melita which was intentionally made for single cup brewing. But as you can see below, I've found it can brew a larger pot with no issues. And these Melita filters are awesome. I've not had a single issue out of them. I can't say that about others that I've tried. Brew rite filters use to be good, but now they tear really easy and the bottom tends to fall out of them which pretty much ruins the coffee in my opinion:


The coffee I'm drinking today is phenomenal. It's Dunkin Donuts Colombian Coffee and it's really rich too. What I do is I take my coffee pot with the white handle and measure my water before pouring it into my Fabreware kettle which shuts itself off when the water starts to boil. Then I rinse the filter with water while my kettle is working before adding 3 tablespoons of my coffee. The reason I rinse the filters is because someone suggested that I should try it and that it would improve the coffee's flavor 10 fold and he was right. And after I got to thinking about what all I had seen at the paper mill when I drove a truck for a living, it made more sense to rinse the filter because you don't really know what's left in that filter. There could be some serious chemical residue left over and various other things. So I rinse the filters before adding and brewing my coffee.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...