Monday, August 29, 2016

Jack Frost & The 209:

Today's shave was great. I decided to go with Steambath Factory's "Jack Frost" this morning after my shower which has a warm sugar, vanilla and light mint scent to it and I paired that with Aqua Velva classic ice blue aftershave for today's hot and muggy temps:


The Gold Dollar 209 did great. I managed to get a squeaky clean post shave feel in 3 passes which is just about normal with my current stone set up which I am working on. I'm more than certain that a Shapton M5 12,000 grit stone which you can get on Amazon for $50 dollars would be great and combined with the .5 chromium oxide crayon which is equal to 30K grit when applied to the nylon webbing of my strop will be more than enough. I could go with a .25 diamond spray but in my humble opinion, that would be over kill. The goal is get a nice sharp edge that's comfortable and removes the hair in less passes and NOT to get it so sharp that you dread going near it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...