Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Fortitude & The 209:

This morning's shave was great. I decided to go with Soap Commander and their "Fortitude" scented soap which has an aged hay, aged tobacco and dark rum scent which brings back some childhood memories of when my late grandfather use to raise tobacco and cattle. Even though I don't drink by choice, I've always loved the sweet pungent smell of rum, so I paired this soap with their "Purpose" scented aftershave balm which has a Bay Rum scent:


The 209 was perfect this morning. And after just 2 passes, I got a squeaky clean post shave. I did have to do one touch up one area which is to the right of my Adam's apple which is normal. UVA used a trokar type device when I was put into a coma nearly 5 years ago. Even though it healed up, it left a dent that makes shaving that area difficult even with a cartridge. So I often have to go back in that specific area and pinch the skin to get it cleaned out. That's where the doc comes in handy along with my moustache area.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...