Thursday, August 4, 2016

Razor Clean Up Part 3:

Well I just got through using the carbon steel wire brush attachment on my Gold Dollar 208, 66 and Gold Monkey triple 6 straight razors and it done a good job at cleaning up the minor scratches and producing a nice shine to them but from where I've had to do so much grinding, it's going to take quite a bit more than a single wire brush session to get these razors where I want them:


Here's a close up of the label that came with the packaging for those whom are wondering what the part number is for this attachment:


Here's what they looked like before the first session with the wire brush attachment:


Here's what they look like now after doing just one session with the wire brush attachment on the high speed setting. This brush attachment also delivers a massive amount of heat so be prepared to put the blades under cool running water to keep them from warping. I also had to stop and recharge the battery before I could get to my Gold Monkey Triple 6:


They've now got more shine to them and the wire brush did remove most of the minor scratches but I've got a lot more work to do before I get to the polishing part of the equation with rubbing compound and metal polishing. I'll probably end up doing another session with the wire brush on low after I get done with the sandpaper part of this equation. They'll look good when I am done and have them all nice and clean.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...