Monday, December 26, 2016

C.O. Bigelow & The Gem SE:

Today's shave was pretty good but not the best. More that in a moment. Today I went with C.O. Bigelow and their Menthol & Eucalyptus (Proraso green) scented cream. And to finish off the shave, I went with Barbasol Brisk which adds an equal level of freshness:


The Ted Pella blade I had in there was shot so I put in another Gem Blue Star blade which I somewhat regret. I had more than a few weepers so I will going exclusively to the Ted Pella blades from this point on. So Gem Blue Star blades are out:


I ended up doing a 4 pass shave today because the blade was shot and wasn't cutting at all. That and I've been using the 3 in 1 oil to soak my blades in to keep them from rusting. Unfortunately the Gem Blue Star blades rust almost instantly. That and this specific blade was extremely uncomfortable to use which was not the case with the very first blade I tried. Marty Pape was correct about the Ted Pella stainless steel coated blades from Razor Blades & More. So I will be getting some more from those guys here pretty soon.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...