Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Going With Suehiro Stones:

This decision has been in the works for years now. Between shaving off of a Suehiro 20K edge by Anthony Esposito along with using my mighty mini which is a Suehiro 1/3K combo stone, I have decided to go with Suehiro water stones for my progression. I will be finishing on either a Jnat or eventually a 20K stone when I can afford one:


Shapton stones are too expensive and in my opinion, they tend to be a bit harsh. My Shapton 12K proved that to me and I've heard others tell me that they prefer other stones over the Shapton stones. I was also told that the super stones would dish really bad and you have seen numerous times what is left of my Norton which is not good. So I am going on the prowl over at Amazon to see if I can find a couple of specific stones, a Suehiro Cerax 1K and Suehiro Rika 5K. My progression will be 600, 1K, 5K, Shoubandini type 100. If I get a razor that doesn't need a lot of work, I'll start at the 5K instead of the 600 grit. It will depend on the razor itself first.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...