Thursday, December 15, 2016

Kilted Tiki & The DE 89:

Today's shave was great and very satisfying. After a nice relaxing hot shower, I went with Tiki Bar and my personal favorite scent of theirs, the Kilted Tiki which has a smoked peat moss scent to it and to make things even more interesting, they use Scotch Whiskey instead of lye water to make this vegan soap. And to add a little more freshness to this shave, I finished it off with my usual go to aftershave splash which I need to stock up on here in a bit:


The DE 89 done great. I got a ultra fine shave in just 2 passes and both were with the grain. My shaves have gotten better since I've stopped going for ice rink type of shaves and started making less passes. My hawk razor will be a 1.5 pass or less shave. I also talked to Marty Pape about the GEM Micromatic SE razor and discovered why I didn't get an enjoyable shave with it. I used the drug store branded SE blades which are the worst you can use. That and I was new at the time and hadn't quite gotten my technique down which I think will be a different story now.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...