Saturday, December 31, 2016

Reflection & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave ended up being great but didn't start off that way. More on that in a bit. Since this was the last shave of 2016, I went with Soap Commander and their "Reflection" scented soap which has an incredible Oakmoss & Amber scent to it. It pairs extremely well with Barbasol Brisk which is what I finished tonight's shave off with. I chose reflection because because I wanted to reflect on 2016 a little bit. It was year of the hardware in terms of shave gear and I ended up finishing off 25 shave soaps this year alone. I quit posting them after I finished off the 22nd one due to a troll causing me grief at that time. So I will be looking forward to see what 2017 brings:


The Jr. Torrey wasn't good at all. After attempting to make my first pass, I stopped in the middle of it and went with my Gillette Fusion Proshield chill. Squeaky clean after 2 passes. So here in a few minutes, I am going to re hone both razors on the Shoubandini. This time, there won't be any clean water which seems to make the edge go away. That was the only thing that I've not eliminated. So from now slurry only for my Jnat.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...