Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Ted Pella Gem SE Blades:

Well this morning's shave proved that these blades are great. They're much sharper than the Blue Star blades are but not quite as comfortable as the Blue Star blades are on the 1st have for now at least. The next shave with this razor and blade will be interesting because the 2nd shave usually tells quite a bit about the blade itself along with whether or not it's going to last. And there might be a strong possibility that I may have gotten a bad Blue Star blade. It's either that or my beard is triple tough compared to everyone else:


And after talking with my friends Kon Soldatos and Mike Baker, I decided to use my 3 in One oil or this stuff right here to store the blades in: https://www.wd40company.com/files/images/3in1-p_871536928.gif . You can get it at Walmart in the tools section for about $3 to $6 U.S. dollars give or take a little:


Another plus about this specific oil is that it won't go rancid like some of the other oils can and often do. I have a Soft Arkansas oil stone here that's stored in a wooden case and it's soaked in this 3 in One oil and has been for several months now and I can't smell it. So if it was going to go rancid on me, it would have stunk up the entire house by now and it hasn't. So I'll be doing this with my Gem single edge blades only. These are the only ones that I have bought to rust on me even after towel drying them and they shouldn't rust at all after that.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...