Thursday, December 22, 2016

Pipe Smoke & The Steampunk Wedge:

Today's shave was great and very satisfying. I was craving a pipe tobacco scent so I went with Uncle Jon's Soap and his pipe smoke scented soap which has an incredible cherry pipe tobacco, vanilla and spice scent to it. And I finished off this shave with Soap Commander's integrity aftershave balm which is unscented and doesn't clash with the soap's scent:


I was craving a straight razor shave so I broke out my Steampunk wedge which wasn't too keen so I did 40 round trips on the .5 pasted strop and 10 round trips on the smooth leather which was exactly what the razor needed. I've still got quite a ways to go before I get the Shoubandini dialed in to where I want it, but I'm getting close. I'll probably have it dialed in with a couple more honing sessions give or take a little. I also did a little math last night and it's going to cost me $70.50 U.S. dollars shipped for the 2 Suehiro stones that I want from Tools of Japan's website. In fact they're cheaper than Amazon is on water stones. Amazon wanted that for 1 of the stones I'm interetsed in.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...