Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pumpkin Spice & The Proshield:

Today's shave was great. Uncle Jon's Pumpkin Spice is an excellent soap. Too bad it's seasonal though and as far as I know, it's unavailable until probably around September of next year. To finish off this shave, I paired it with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Autumn Factory which has an epic burn to it and it lasts up to 24 hours as well:


The Proshield did great but I did have to make 2.5 passes before getting a squeaky clean post shave feel. This shave was still very impressive in terms of comfort level though. In the old days with the Proglides, the 2nd shave was gloom and doom for me. This time it's the exact opposite which is unusual in my opinion. Gillette and a few other disposable razor makers tend to like people to burn through their products faster than normal so you would have to buy more of them sooner rather than later. That's why they hate BOTH DE safety and straight razors. They're not disposable and can be used for years to come, specifically straight razors. But if I ever end up on blood thinners and can't use straights, then these would be my 1st choice considering that it's impossible to get cut with.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...