Sunday, December 18, 2016

Gem Blue Star Blades:

Even though I really enjoy shaving with my Hawk SE razor, it does pain me that everyone has focused on those style of blades and yet no one, has decided to do a modern version of the original SE razor, the Gem single edge razors. My first shave with this razor was nearly 3 years ago and it was awful. But I was also new at that time as well. My 2nd shave was even worse which was about a year later. But I found out that the super market version was made for box cutters and NOT a Gem SE razor. So fast forward until today when I decided to order both these and the Ted Pella Stainless Steel coated blades from Razor Blades & More. These were nothing short of phenomenal and really blew my mind in terms of not just comfort but they also had no trouble going through my barbed wire type of beard that grows like it's on steroids:


I was also impressed with the post shave feel after just 2.5 passes, there was nothing left and my aftershave didn't burn either which to me indicates a phenomenal and comfortable blade. During the first couple of shaves with the "box cutter" version, the blade wanted to dig in and grab my skin and the edge of the blade felt like it wasn't sharp enough and pulled the hair out. These Gem Blue Star blades was the exact opposite of what I tried before and then some. Now the ones I'm really interested in are the Ted Pella stainless steel version that I ordered from Razor Blades & More. I was told that those were the best and more comfortable than these were which has really peaked my interest because these were excellent.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...