Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Touch Up Time:

After today's shave, I decided to do a quick touch on both of my razors. First I started off with 20 "X" strokes and then I followed that up with 10 seconds worth of Japanese honing or half circles on each side Then I finished both razors off with 10 more "X" strokes to clean up the edge a bit:


After that I did 10 round trips on the smooth leather to give the edge that little extra polish. This should bump both of my straight razors up quite a bit until I can order those Suehiro water stone which will have to wait until January 6, 2017 when they open back up from the holidays. I'm extremely close to getting the edges that I want with the Shoubandini Type 100. So my next shave should be much better than it was today.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...