Thursday, December 1, 2016

Mail Call:

Today's mail call is extremely special. A personal thank you to my friend Kon Soldatos for giving me this 6 by 2 inch Japanese water stone which is a Shoubandini type 100. Here lately I've been on a choke collar in terms of budget and right now these aren't available over at Japanese Natural Stones' website and to get one I would be looking at $90 dollars plus shipping. But considering the edge that this stone provides, it's more than worth it. So thank you very much Kon Soldatos:


The envelope was easy to open which is a good thing so I can get to it faster:


The post office did a little beat down on the case but that's okay I can fix it with the hot glue gun which won't take but maybe 5 to 10 minutes to do:


The size of this stone is about the same as my 600 grit diamond plate which is what I'll be suing to round the corners down a bit along with the edges of the stone with. I am so excited now that I can't stand it. So I'll be doing some razor finishing once I get this posted up.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...