Saturday, November 5, 2016

2 Days Beard Growth:

Today before I start my shower and shave, I thought I would snap a quick photo of my 48 hour beard growth to illustrate how fast it grows. This is a full 2 day's worth of growth and it sounds like 80 grit sandpaper too. As I get older, it seems to be more like barbed wire and you see how fast it grows. It's kindly part of the reason on why I got into wet shaving:


Before I started using safety razors and straight razors, I used a Gillette Fusion. When I finally ran out of the blades for them and realized that 2 shaves was all I was going to be able to get out of them, I needed to start looking for an alternative and placed my very first order for shave gear at West Coast Shaving Supplies. I got a Weishi 9306G TTO (Twist to Open), Personna's Med Prep blades and a couple of synthetic brushes which didn't last and I ended up getting my Omega 10049 Professional boar brush soon after that. I did try using my Gillette Fusion with my shave soaps and it was much better, but by day 15 out of 30, I was looking really hard at my safety razors and straight razors. With the canned foam, the Gillette Fusion pulled the hair out while the shave soap allowed the razor to glide across extremely well with minimum pulling and tugging. If the blades were just a shade sharper and if you strop them, you can get a better shave out of them. Same deal with the other brands of cartridges specifically Schick.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...