Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Razor Clean Up Continued:

After looking at my Steampunk wedge, I decided to sneak down to Walmart and get some sandpaper to continue cleaning up the razor and it came out great. My sanding discs in my Dremel kit is 60 grit and tends to leave some gouges. So I grabbed some 100 grit and went to work:


It was almost effortless to remove the scratches of the 60 grit. This took me about 5 to 10 minutes to complete probably not even that:


After I got done I wiped it down and polished it a few times:


Next I wiped it down again with a clean microfiber cloth:


I looked in the automotive department at Walmart specifically the auto body section where they keep the bondo and found a very nice dry sandpaper kit that could take a razor all the way up to mirror if I wanted to but to me, that would ruin the charm of this specific razor. So I will save that for the next Vintage razor I get off EBay. All that I would need to do at this point would be buffing compound and white jeweler's rouge to get it to mirror.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...