Saturday, November 26, 2016

Honing Session Completed:

That was fast. Today I decided to do a quick honing session on my straight razors with the Shapton 12K. It went pretty fast and smooth. So lets get started:


Using my Suehiro 1/3K combo stone, I worked up a slurry and did 40 X strokes. That's how many it took before the resistance broke and it became effortless. Not to worry though because I will definitely be putting a wicked sharp edge on them when my gift arrives this week. Right now it's sitting in New York, and I really can't wait to use it either:


After that I hit the .5 pasted side of my strop for just 5 round trips :


And to make things more interesting, I only did 10 round trips on the smooth leather side of my strop. I seem to get even better results when I strop less:


All in all I am cool with the edges on these razors, but I am itching to use my new toy that hasn't arrived yet. I need that "ninja suit" type of edge on my straight razor now.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...