Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Walloon lake & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave was pretty good. Through The Fire Fine Craft by Maria Arman performed extremely well. And their Walloon Lake scented soap which has a clean aquatic cologne type of scent. And to finish it off, I paired it with my usual aftershave splash:


The Jr. Torrey was horrible. I ended up finishing with a disposable razor after the 1st pass. If anyone recommends the Shapton M5 12K stone, tell them they're full of crap because the edges it produces are horrible. I've tried every honing technique I know and it's no good and it's the ONLY stone that has caused me problems in terms of getting a good edge. More details coming in another blog post. I'm going old school with my next honing session.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...