Monday, November 28, 2016

Feather Proguards = No Go:

This was truly the last chance for Feather Artist Club blades in the Hawk and it didn't go well at all either. My friend Trent Stewart has a Mongoose razor which has less blade exposure and more weight to it and these Feather Proguard blades were too mild in the Mongoose for him and he got better results with the Professionals in that razor. However I got different results in the hawk which is not surprising because the hawk has more blade exposure and is much lighter in weight. These were no different from the Feather Professionals in the Hawk:


These blades are advertised as the same blade as the Professional only with a guard to help "reduce" the chances of nicks and cuts. In my opinion and experience, it's a waste :


These reminded me of shaving with a Gillette Mach 3 when it first came out which caused me a lot of weepers and skin irritation back in the day. It wasn't like my Gillette Mach 3 Turbo which left me with a squeaky clean post shave along with very little irritation and zero weepers. These Feather Artist Club blades, want to grab and dig in and have no glide to them even with some of the slickest shave soaps on the market which basically have been saving my shaves:


So it looks like the Kai Captain Blades will be a much better choice than the Feather Artist Club blades will be as far as the Hawk goes. There's only 1 more blade I can try out of the Feather Artist Club brand and they gave me a scar in my Kamasori shavette that I had, 2 years ago which was the Feather Super Professionals. There's no way I will try those in the hawk. If the regular professionals which are below the supers tore me a new one, you can imagine what they would do to me in the hawk. A cheese grater on steroids comes to mind. The Feather Light Professionals will not work in ANY single edge style safety razor that I know of. Mainly because there's not enough blade exposure on those specific blades. So we will see what happens.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...