Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Kilted Tiki & The DE 89:

Today's shave was just great. After a nice hot relaxing shower, I went with good old Tiki Bar and their Kilted Tiki scented soap. The scent of this soap is peat moss and scotch whiskey and they use real scotch whiskey to make this soap. They take the scotch and boil it down to remove the alcohol and use what's left over in place of lye water to make the soap. And to add a little more freshness to this shave, I paired it with good old Aqua Velva ice blue aftershave:


The DE 89 was exceptional this morning. Between the smooth comfortable nature of it and the fact tat the Polsilvers are one of the most comfortable blades you can use, I got a squeaky clean post shave that resembles an "ice rink" in only 2.5 passes. It will be a little while before I get paid again but I have 2 straight razors coming. My Steampunk wedge that I bought off EBay and I just heard from my friend Craig that a razor he ordered for me has arrived and that he's in the process of cleaning it up and honing it for me on an Arkansas surgical black oil stone. He sneaked and ordered a JR. Torrey near wedge with a barber's notch for me.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...