Monday, November 14, 2016

Reflection & The Hawk:

Today's shave wasn't too good more on that in a moment. I went with Soap Commander and their Reflection scented soap. It kept me from getting cut worse than I did today thank goodness. The scent on this soap is Oakmoss & Amber and it pairs extremely nice with Barbasol Brisk & Skin Bracer. I decided to go with Barbasol brisk today:


Before I applied the aftershave, I ended up adding witch hazel to the equation:


The hawk isn't going to be used again until I get some other blades because these Feather Professionals tend to be harsh and they want to grab the hair instead of cutting through it. They also tend to want to grab my skin in some spots as well. So I went ahead and done some research and found that either the Kai Captain Mild Pink Protouch MG or the Feather Proguard would be a better choice for me in this razor. Even my straight razors won't do this kind of damage. My neck area is fine now but it was raw after just 2 passes and I didn't get the shave that I wanted either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...