Thursday, October 27, 2016

10 Shaves Max Per Blade:

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's confirmed that 10 multi pass shaves is my limit on a Feather Professional injector style blade. I am extremely pleased that I got that many shaves on one of these blades. The first and second passes were great. But the blade fell real quickly on the 3rd pass today and started to tug and pull something fierce. Good thing that was my clean up pass and it really didn't clean up my neck area too good either on that pass. So I ended up going over my neck area for a total of 3.5 passes. Stropping these blades for me seems to defeat the purpose in my humble opinion and to be honest, I would probably only get 2 or 3 more shaves max out of these blades if I did strop them. So I am happy to get just 10 multi pass shaves out of a single blade:


In terms of costs using these blades, they're pretty low. In fact they're lower than some DE blades that are available right now. So let's do a little bit of math here. I paid $12.50 for a single pack of these blades over at Amazon. So 10 shaves X 20 blades = 200 multi pass shaves. So 2 packs of these blades is over a 1 years worth of daily shaving. So lets do some more math here. $12.50 divided by 200 = $.06 cents per shave. And now that I have a really good finishing stone and have went back to using a .5 pasted strop, my shaves with a straight razor are now free because I only have to buy a straight razor that one time only but where's the fun in that.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...