Tuesday, October 4, 2016

New Razor Coming!

Finally after nearly 3 years of trying, I have captured one of my unicorns in terms of shave gear. I just successfully ordered the brand new RazoRock Black Hawk single edge razor which cost me $31.94 dollars shipped. And yesterday I ordered the Feather Professional Artist Club blades with my water stone from Amazon. This has been a long journey to get one of these razors:


One of the very first YouTube videos I saw was Geofatboy shaving with a Cobra Classic SE razor and like the snake itself, it's very reclusive and almost unobtainable due to constantly being sold out and the fact that it's a $200 dollar razor which is way past my budget. Enter the Mongoose and it's various versions. The aluminum version is $100 dollars and the stainless steel is right at $180 dollars. I've been on numerous waiting lists trying to get it and it either gets released before or after I get paid when I don't have enough funds to get it or like it is right now, sold out and is on the waiting list. The mongoose has been sold out for several months now. Enter Above the tie's Bamboo SE razor. The razor's head costs $150 dollars and the entire razor itself costs $185 dollars which is beyond my budget once again. Ikon razors is also working on an SE razor but there's been almost zero info on the razor and all we have seen has been some photos on their FB page. No info on weight, costs and/or options and no release dates either. This razor has been advertised for a while now and we was given a date and time when it was going to be available and I happen to have just enough funds to get it. It's also my 1st razor from RazoRock as well.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...