Sunday, October 30, 2016

Grape Soda & The 209:

Today's shave was horrible. If it wasn't for Catie's Bubbles and their ultra slick soap, I wouldn't have a face right now. More on that in another post. This "Knee High to a Grape" is a seasonal soap and has a grape soda scent. And to sooth my half way shaved face, I used my "go to" aftershave splash, Aqua Velva classic ice blue splash:


The 209 was fresh off the stones and it was terrible. I have put this razor on the stones more times than I care to count and this coming April will make 2 years of straight razor shaving and July will make 2 years of honing and I know it's not any of the techniques I use to hone or my shaving techniques either. It's this specific razor that gives me problems. And this is not the 1st one I've had of this specific manufacturer either. I've had numerous razors from their various brands that wouldn't take an edge or hold one and I've not seen one where you didn't have trim the heel or the toe to get the razor to sit flat on the stones either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...