Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin 3.14 & The Hawk (#9) :

Prep: Hot shower:
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Professional 9th shave
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Pumpkin 3.14 (pumpkin pie scent)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Autumn Factory (pumpkin pie scent)
1st pass: With the grain
2nd pass: Against the grain
3rd pass: Across the grain :


Today's shave was excellent. There's nothing like a hot relaxing shower and shave and it's even better with a soap that has the scent of a favorite dessert, pumpkin pie. During the shave, the blade still performed like it did the very first day I put it in the razor. With my DE safety razors, I would have already been on my 3rd blade by now and I would be hitting the clean fabric side of my strop right about now. If this blade goes 3 more shaves, it will have out performed my straight razor in slight terms of longevity. I usually have to hit the pasted strop every 12 shaves with my 209 straight razor. Now I seriously doubt that this specific blade will last for more than 60 shaves.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...