Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pipe Smoke & The 209:

This morning's shave was excellent. You can't go wrong with Uncle Jon's soaps and his pipe smoke is nothing short of phenomenal and is one of my favorites. And to finish off the shave, I paired it with my usual aftershave when I don't have the matching splash:


The 209 did great but I had to hit the pasted strop again after I finished the shave. I'll be doing an EBay search to see what I can find in terms of Vintage and many searches have already yielded some fruit. My 209 is only good for 60 shaves max before having to hit the stones with it again and yet I see people with premium and vintage razors going much longer before having to be re honed. My friend Keith V. Johnson has given me some killer advice on what to use for looking at edges. He recommended a Fuji Film 4X photo Loupe which I'll be looking at later.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...